CBGBs East Village 1986
11 X 17 inch picture
Frame is not included
PLEASE GIVE US 5-10 DAYS TO SHIP
ABOUT: Matt Weber
I was born in NYC 1958 and studied oil painting with Nicolai Abracheff who was one of Picasso’s contemporaries and a noted cubist as well. Went to Music & Art high school but unfortunately dropped out to pursue “art” on New York’s subways. I am completely self-taught
in photography, although I did use all three of the books written by Ansel Adams (The Print, The Negative and The Camera) I recommend these books to anyone interested in learning photography.
I started taking photos of the NYC streets while I was driving a Yellow cab back in ’84 The things I had been seeing late at night were so intense that I found myself always saying to myself “I’ve got to get a camera!”
My monograph, The Urban Prisoner was published by Sanctuary Books in 2004 Published in Popular Photography, Photographica, Hamburger Eyes and many other publications.
- Had a solo exhibit 4/2004 at jan van der don gallery in Chelsea.
- The Peninsula Arts Center in Newport News had a solo exhibit in 2005
- Solo exhibit at the Pierre Menard gallery in Cambridge Mass. in 2006
- Harper Levine of East Hampton New York has represented my work since 2007.
- “Obama” A collection of photographs was published and exhibited at Harper’s Books in 2009
- My photographs are in the collections of Todd Oldham and Richard Prince.
- A documentary about my life as a photographer “More than the Rainbow” premiered
in San Francisco and New York in the fall of 2012
- Sixteen of my photographs were included in Ken Burns’ documentary “The Central Park Five”
- Included in the “Street Shots / NYC” exhibit at the Museum of New York 2013″Obama” A collection of photographs was published and exhibited at Harper’s Books in 2009
- A feature length documentary about my life as a photographer “More than the Rainbow” premiered
in San Francisco and New York film festivals in the fall of 2012